Friday, June 15, 2007

Another Day Off

So I slept in til 10:00 and it was glorious. I decided to head over to Epcot to get some Yakitori. It is now called Teriaki Chicken, and it's no longer on skewers. Boo, but it still tastes mostly the same, they use more bad pieces of chicken so it's a little chewier sometimes. I got my fastpass for Soarin, which didn't come up until 4:30, so I went to the American Adventure and watched the fife and drum core, the Voices of Liberty, and then the American Adventure show. It was very cool and allowed me to be in the air conditioning for a while. After that I decided to head over to MGM to ride Rockin Rollercoaster.

So I walked over to the yatch and beach club to catch the boat and wouldn't you know it, they closed up the doors just as I came up and wouldn't let me on. So I decided to walk, yep, walk to MGM. I always thought those people were crazy, I still agree with that, it's just that now I'm one of them. It might be nice if it was early in the morning or later in the day, but I went at 2:00 and it was blazing hot. I was sweating like a pig by the time I got there, which was just in time for the crowds to line the streets for the parade. I headed over to Rockin Rollercoaster, and wouldn't you know it, closed for technical difficulties. So I went to the Great Movie Ride to cool down. Now, keep in mind it is Star Wars Weekends, so there are a lot more people at the park, and they are in costumes, or just odd people. So the wait time was about an hour. But I finally cooled down and the parade was over when I got out. I decided to go check on Rockin Rollercoaster and it was up and running, also an hour wait. But I had a good time, I enjoyed it very much.

Then I caught the bus back to Epcot since it was about time for my Soarin fastpass. By the time I got there, I was 4 minutes late and my pass had expired, but I was hoping they'd let me in anyway since it was clear that I had booked it to get there. He did, and I had a great time on that one. It's such an amazing ride, I definitely recommend it. I went over and road test track before I headed out.

I stopped at MK to ride Thunder Mountain. I had my fastpass from last week when the ride closed due to weather so we couldn't use it. The time on it was right for when I had gotten there and they didn't check the date (I suppose because most people don't keep old fastpasses) so I got on pretty quickly. And I loved that too. I was going to go on Space Mountain as well, but that was an hour and a half wait and they were out of fastpasses, so I nixed that idea and just did Buzz Lightyear on the way out. I'm getting pretty good at my aim, I improve the score every time, so by the time you all come visit I can kick your butts.

So by the time I finished tonight I had hit 3 parks, and walked 8 miles (I wore the pedometer: 21,308 steps). Insane, huh? Oh yeah, I also left my legacy. You know those giant slabs in the front of the park with peoples faces on them. For anyone who's gone with me, where I dragged you to see the NSYNC faces. Tomorrow is the last day to do it, they're closing the purchasing. So I decided since this is home, this is a huge part of my legacy I'd pay the $20 for 25 years. I got a discount for being a cast member. I hate the picture though, it's horible and they wouldn't redo it for me, so I was really upset. But when I'm almost 50 years old, there will be my face in Disney World from the first week I spent as a cast member. And hopefully I'll have some amazing job still with the company and it'll be very cool to look back on that. And if not, I know that a part of me will always be here, right where I would like to be.

Today's Trivia Question: How many bricks make up Cinderella's Castle?

No comments: