Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Day Off

Yes, that's right I had the day off. I slept in until 9am. It was glorious. I was going to go to bed early, but it's 11:30 and here I am typing away, so clearly that didn't happen. I got a lot done. I ran my errands, did the laundry, and got things ready for lunches. I have a whole section of baggies of chips and cookies so that if I am running short on time I can just pick up the bags and take an uncrustable from the freezer and voila, instant lunch.

I went over to Vista Credit Union to open an account. Apparently my timing sucks, there were 15 international college program kids filling out paperwork and getting information. I asked if I should come back later and since I wasn't college or international she said she'd get someone to help me. Well when the lady started to explain the accounts, I was not too pleased. They were going to charge me $10 to open a savings account, which I had to have, and then another $3 every month unless I had $1000 or a loan with them. I let her know that Disney doesn't pay me enough to keep $1000 in an account. I am simply looking for a checking account so I have access to my money. So I didn't open it, because I feel that I should not have to pay to bank, I am giving you my money that should be enough. I'll just go to a big bank down here.

I went into Company D which is the store for cast members. It has discount merchandise as well as cast member exclusive merchandise. I had a good time, I had to restrain myself. Disney must know that pins are a weakness for me. I did buy two pins, but they were 75% off the original price and gorgeous.

I picked up my prescription and that didn't go so well. Disney requires you to wait 3 months before you're elligible for health insurance, so I'm uninsured at the moment. I found out my prescription is $30 a month, everyone here wants to take my money, jeese. I also picked up a cheap pedometer because I am very curious to see how much I walk a day. Especially with the conveyor belt involved, I mean you have to walk constantly.

Then I went over to Animal Kingdom. I wanted to see Finding Nemo the Musical. I got there just in time to get in line for it. The show didn't start for another hour or so, but I had great seats. The show was so good. I definitley recommend it, it's a must see. It did remind me of being at work though since we use a lot of the same elements. This is the musical version of the movie and we have the ride version of the movie. I did find myself responding to Crush though. He said "Dude, you so totally rock," and so I gave the response "Dude!" Because "If a green sea turtle says 'You so totally rock' the proper response is 'Dude!'" Of course nobody around me got it though. While I was in the theatre the storm went through, so I missed it.

I then decided to go ride Expedition Everest, the newest roller coaster. Now I was a little afraid of this one, because it is much larger than the others in the parks and I knew it had a larger drop than I like. But I decided to do it anyway. I went in the single rider line, so it didn't take as long as the regular line. It was ok, not as bad as I thought. The drop was horrible, I just wanted it over, and I was in the back so I had all the momentum. You ride for a while backwards which was very odd, and then as you go backwards you go upside down. It felt very disorienting to me. I wouldn't choose to ride it again, but I'm glad I went on it, if someone asked me I'd probably go on it with them.

I also went on the Safari, but it had rained and it was later in the day, so it wasn't very good. The morning Safaris are much better. Most animals were not around or there was only one. The lion however was prancing back and forth on the cliff, it was cool and a little scary to watch. He look aggitated. It starting raining again partway through the Safari, so I decided that was my cue to go home and relax. It was such a nice day. I also picked up a couple extra shifts next week working crowd control for the concert series at Epcot. Next week it's the Beegees tribute band. I hope I can work the Billy Joel or Garth Brooks tributes, that would be cool.

Well, I am off to another Discovery Day tomorrow. I tried and tried to get a hold of 3 different managers using mulitple means of communication over the last week and nobody responded. So to me that means, just attend a second time. If I'm late or don't show I'll get a point against me and I don't want that because they didn't get back to me. At least it's a fun training. And then I have Friday off. I'm not sure what I'm doing, I know there'll be some park action, but I'm not sure what yet.

Answer to Yesterdays Trivia: In which cartoon did Mickey's signature white gloves appear?
Jason is exaclty right and he's rocking the Q&A, where are the rest of you? It was in The Opry House in March of 1929. They were created so that when Mickeys hands were next to his body you could distinguish the two.

Today's Trivia: What is the tallest structure in the WDW resort?

2 comments:

megan said...

I'm going to answer your trivia question without looking anything up and only by my knowledge from the one time I was there in ninth grade by saying Cindarella's Castle.

I'm so glad you are having fun. This guy I'm sort of seeing (I don't really know yet, just been on one date and to one party) was telling me that his brother's girlfriend works/worked there and was in Mickey's costume. So there you go.

I'm heading down south tomorrow! New Orleans for me. Enjoy the heat, I know I will.

Anonymous said...

The earful tower at mgm