Monday, June 11, 2007

Review Day

Today was a pretty laid back day. I got to go in and host two Turtle Talk shows, which was a lot of fun. I had no problem today. We had some pretty big crowds too, we were up to capacity which is about 200 people. We went over the tests that we'll be taking tomorrow. And then went over the positions that we wanted some more practice with. I feel pretty comfortable with everything. I'm just nervous, anytime somebody is going to test me it freaks me out. I'm sure I'll be just fine, but still.

I am a little upset with myself since I forgot to tape the Tonys last night. That is my one night a year that I HAVE to watch tv, it's my favorite event. And like and idiot I got distracted with work and forgot to program it. Grrrr.

We have storms once again. The weird thing about storms here is the sky, it turns a reddish orange and then doesn't go away for a while. Although I hear that happens even without storms. I've been told that because we are on the peninsula that the weather doesn't always go the same way, so you have to watch the sky to see which way each storm is travelling. Different.

I am nervous for tomorrow, but I am also excited to be able to do it on my own. And then I have Wednesday off and I am planning on going to the parks. It shall be glorious. Although it is supposed to rain all week, so I'll have to be careful and bring an umbrella. But I'm excited. I also signed up for the canoe races today. Every summer in July the WDW resort cast puts together teams and has canoe races down the Rivers of America (in the Magic Kingdom). When I went for showchoir they were racing and I loved the idea and wanted to participate. Turns out my timing was amazing as they just posted the sign up sheet for Futureworld West attractions today. Soarin has their own team and challenged the other attractions, but nobody seemed interested so I just joined a team. I have no idea what I'm doing, I haven't canoed since I was in the 6th grade at Patrol Camp. But I'll learn, and I'll get some buff arms right? :-)

Answer to yesterdays trivia: What was the first Mickey Mouse cartoon that Walt drew?
Plane Crazy. Yes, Steamboat Willie was the one that took off, but Plane Crazy was released a whole 6 months before. Audiences were only luke-warm about the cartoon, but Walt was determined so he kept on going.

Today's Trivia: In which cartoon did Mickey's signature white gloves appear?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the blog--I think I will pass the address on to other people.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're doing great! Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Didn't the gloves appear in an old black and white short...opry land or house or something. I think I remember they put light colored gloves so you could tell the hands from the dark body.

Anonymous said...

Great idea! Now we can check up on you whenever we want.

Why don't they get some anemones for those poor clownfish???