Monday, June 11, 2007

Storms and hail??

That's right folks, yesterday we were pelted with a very large storm. Luckily I was in the building the whole time. We had a lot of flooding, some because of too much water and some because of clogged drains. We also got hail. I had no idea that Florida could get hail. It was kinda cool. All it meant for us was that nobody new was coming onto the ride. We had to open an alternate entrance so that people could re-ride without exiting the building. I was working wheelchair assist, which made things pretty boring. It was only a matter of time before people just sat on the floor to wait out the storm. We got to go around and make conversation for a while and then took our break for the second half.

A lot of people left because of the storm so we were slow the rest of the night. They let me host a Turle Talk show which was a lot of fun. I had a little trouble finding the first kid to talk to, but after that it was all good and it went well. It was a lot of fun. We also went out to the front to do the greeter position for a while. I really liked that, we got to pin trade out there. We just have one lanyard that gets worn by whoever is at the position. Nobody wanted to trade with me though. You get to say hi to everyone, chat, and answer any questions. It's a lot of fun, though I I was out there at 8:00, I can't imagine it's as nice in the afternoon heat.
I then learned how to close the building which was pretty interesting. Travis threw out some interesting facts. He didn't point out the exact location of the hidden Mickeys, but he told me which wall they're on. We watched the clownfish who usually like to be in their anemones at night. But the tank their in doesn't have any, so instead they clump together because they see other clownfish as camouflage. They fight to be in the middle of the clump and once they get there they face out because they want to see whats coming. So they're constantly moving, and they do it all night long. It is a sight to see.

Here's what my costume looks like:

1 comment:

megan said...

You look so cute! I am glad you are having fun and I am so coming down to Florida to visit at some point. You are the first of two of my oldest MN friends to move down there!

<3
Meg