Monday, June 18, 2007

SIM Training

Sim. That stands for Safety in Motion. It is a pretty useless class about how to move your body correctly to prevent injury. I was supposed to go to the Land building 4th floor and arrive 15 minutes early. Well, there I was, but nobody else was around. So I started peeking down hallways and someone came out to help me. He said he thought it was in a trailer back by cast services. It took him about 10 minutes to confirm that for me and get me directions. I went over with one other person who had also showed up on time. The other guy wouldn't stop and ask anyone else for help, he just kept booking it past where we were told to go, typical guy right? When he finally stopped, we had gone way to far and had to ask 2 people before we finally ended up in the right place. Turns out nobody had gotten the memo that it had been moved and we were the first ones there. The facilitator of the class blamed our training coordinators for not contacting us, but when I talked to management later they said they didn't get the email until an hour into our class time. The class was pretty lame, I didn't learn anything, and most of it was irrelevant because we all worked attractions so there is no heaving lifting involved.

When I got to work I had to relieve the person doing the Turtle Talk show. Well I got in and loaded the first show and then got my break, so I felt like I'd done nothing all day. I spent some time doing the show later, and some time loading the ride. Nothing too terrible. It was a pretty short day too.

When I got home I decided to just take it easy. I chatted with Kim for a while, we watched some Mighty Ducks. She invited me out to Cowboys, this country bar with line dancing. But I was tired and had to work the next day. Plus, I'm not so into the bar/club scene. I guess I haven't experienced much of it, but it's not really my thing. So I watched some TV, searched around on the Disney sites and talked on the phone for a while. It was a nice relaxing night.

Answer to Yesterdays Trivia Question: How many bricks make up Cinderella's Castle?
None. It is made of steel and fiberglass. The bricks are painted on and utilize forced perspective to make the castle look even taller than its actual 189 feet.

Today's Trivia Question: What was the first film in the True Life Adventure series?

No comments: